Tuesday 9 March 2010

Welcome to Operation Tackle that Bead Stash!


Well it's finally happened, my stash has morphed from ridiculous to mildly horrifying! It doesn't look too bad in this picture but trust me when I say, it's big and that's not quite everything!
A member on the UK Beader's Forum recently started a thread to post your seed bead stash, so today I thought I would organise mine and post to the board. I thought it would maybe take me half hour, it took over 2 hours! As I was labelling up each box I became more and more embarrassed at the amount of beads I have had for a long time and have not used. It's got to the point where I just don't have anymore space for new beads until some of this lot has been used up.
So I had a little think and came up with a plan to Tackle that Bead Stash!
I would love some company so please let me know if you would like to join me and I will make you a member of Team Tackle that Bead Stash!
I have set up this blog to post goals for using up the stash and keeping track of progress. Goals can be whatever you want them to be, using leftovers from other projects, creating something with a strand you have had forever, whatever you want!
I will also be posting about projects and ideas that I think are great stashbusters and would love to hear yours!
I will be posting my goals for this week later today. In the meantime take a look at your stash and see if there are some beads you would like to finally use and join in!
Sarahx

5 comments:

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi, I actually have already started to use some of my bead stash! Over the last two days I have made my very first 2 cabochons and used some seed beads that I've had for some time now. Also, a friend of mine, Kate from England had sent me some gorgeous beads that I've used in a lovely ornament and now a cabochon. I still have some of her lovely beads left though that I need to make something with. Then, I have lots of seeds beads and pony beads to go yet! That's not to mention all my delica's! Oh my, maybe we should all get together and open a bead store. There's a idea for all out bead stash.
Hope your day is a wonderful one. Until next time, bead happy!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Sarah said...

Thanks Bobbi! Welcome aboard :->

Sarah said...

My Friend Lisa wanted to comment here but couldn't get it to work. So I said I would do it for her. Here is what she said, "I don't believe that is all your stash - I have seen that room!". She's quite right, I had a bead room that we are redorating so some stash is packed away, I am working on the basis that out of sight is out of mind! I want to deal with some of this 1st then I can worry about this.

Bobbi Ann said...

Hi Sarah, please let Lisa know that I believe that because I have more bead stash then I would want to admit to and that's put away in different areas of my home. But I thought if I started in just one spot and tackled that Bead Stash that it wouldn't seem so over whelming and then at another time go back and start again in a different Bead Stash secret place.
Hope that you both have a great rest of your evening!
Hugs and happy beading...
Bobbi

Anonymous said...

What a great idea Sarah! Good luck with the blog :)

Liz x