Monday 17 May 2010

1st May Goal Picture & The Promise of Things to Come - Sarah

You'll note that I titled this post the 1st picture of May and not just the 1st completed goal. That's because I have been feverishly beading birthday presents and swap gifts which are all super-secret and it's been really hard to note post here and show you what I've made and used from my stash!

This is my most recent stash busting project, I have a hoard of delica beads that I have not used for ages and I thought it was about time that I did, they are far too beautiful to languish in my bead box, only o be taken out to be admired on occasion. I have been on a nature kick lately and started making tiny butterfly pendants in 1 colour of size 11's but thought how pretty several shades would be. I also had a few problems with the holes of the 11's filling with thread, so the delica's are perfect for this project. So here I have a beautiful pendant which I have called Blue Jeans Butterfly to remind me that Summer is just around the corner.

The birthday gifts are being delivered tomorrow, so I can update you on them then.

4 comments:

Clair said...

It's beautiful Sarah. I love the colour choice! Now. Will you tell me how you joined each section so that there's an angle between them? Without it flopping? I have this sudden urge to know....

Sarah said...

Thanks Clair! I am working on something for a friend at the mo, but think I might have the day off work on Wednesday so I'll try and take some photo's to show you, I'll have to make some more triangles 1st though! TBh, I find using delica's in brick stitch much stiffer than peyote, maybe it's my tension, but they aren't that floppy. Also I captured the chain across as well as downwards on the back so that stabilised the butterfly on the chain.

Liz said...

Oh this is SO pretty Sarah! Such a clever design and I love the colours you've chosen too.

Looking forward to seeing these secret projects you've been working on :)

Kitty Ballistic said...

That is really pretty. Lovely colour, and it looks delicate and sophisticated.