Thursday 27 May 2010

7th Goal (Liz)

Browsing through my box of blues I found this tube of twisted hex beads, which I've had for what seems like forever! They're the most gorgeous shade of blue with flashes of colour (Miyuki metallic blue iris shade 452 in case anyone is interested) and I've taken them out of my stash loads of times, wondering how I could put them to use.


But like bugle beads I'm a bit nervous about using them, worried that the edges will slice through the thread and also that the finished piece will be too scratchy as they're not the smoothest of beads. Today I've had an idea that hopefully will solve both of these dilemmas. In fact I couldn't wait to start and I'm already half way through!

1 comment:

Clair said...

I love the finish on your beads - it really gives them depth. Can't wait to see what you come up with!