Wednesday 28 July 2010

Wednesday's Wear It Or Frog It

This week's WWIOFI is a pendant that I dug out from the depths of one of my jewellery boxes. I think I wore it just the once after I'd made it and then it was never heard from again. What did I like about it? I was happy with the polymer clay pendant I made, the swirls of black, white and grey remind me of the milky way and the glitter adds to that effect. I learned a valuable lesson using the coarse glitter which isn't really suitable for clay work, it was originally green but sanding the pendant took the surface off it and I ended up with silver! I also love the Crystal Vitrail Swarovski bicones which are a gorgeous shade.


What I didn't like about it was my wirework (you can't really see it in the photo but believe me, it's rubbish!) and the ribbon, which was too wide. So I've frogged it a little, redoing my dodgy wirework and making a black and silver chain from random lengths connected with jump rings. Now I'm really happy and it's something I'll be bringing out a little more often!


We'd love to see what pieces you dig out and if you alter them or reuse the materials for something else. You can email pictures to ottbs@hotmail.com.uk

3 comments:

Clair said...

Oooh Liz. You've totally rocked the re-do. The original was very pretty but you new version is stunning!

Sarah said...

I agree with Clair, this re-do rocks! I love your idea of using the 2 colours of chain!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how did I miss this beauty before? Fantastic change you made to the necklace and really liking the chain too!