Sunday 24 October 2010

Stocking Fillers from Stash, Pearl Dangle Earrings Tutorial

I think we have probably established the fact that I love long earrings and this week's Stocking Filler from Stash tutorial is no exception. I am also continuing my new obsession with using chain.


You will need:
1 pair of earwires
1 pair of headpins
2 length's of chain (mine are each 2.5 inches long)
2 10mm pearls

Tools: wire snips to cut the chain, flat nosed & round nosed Pliers.

1. using your flat nosed pliers, open the loop one an earwire.

2. Thread through the end of a piece of chain.

3. Close the loop.

4. Thread 1 pearl on a headpin and use your round nose pliers to create the 1st part of a wire wrapped loop.


5. Thread the bottom end of the chain through the loop and finish of your wire wrapped loop and trim the end with your wire snips.

6. Repeat for a second earring.
I have assumed a knowledge of basic jewellery making skills, if you are new to jewellery making you can find instructions here http://www.beadstylemag.com/How%20To/Basics.aspx
Happy Christmas Beading!
Sarahx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are gorgeous Sarah! And another fab tutorial, I can see you're enjoying making them a lot :)

Sarah said...

Thank you Liz! I am a bit tutorial obsessed at the moment! I enjoy writing them and plan to tackle something more complex soon. I aim to have one up most weekends before christmas although I may do a links around the web post on the weeks when things get too hectic around here.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Ooh pretty! Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.