Sunday 15 May 2011

Sunday is Beady Fun Day.

Hiya,

You may have noticed that there was no free pattern yesterday! My tutorial mojo seems to have gone on a bit of a holiday, I think maybe that posting one each week is a bit too much and doesn't give me enough time to try experimenting with new ideas, so I thought I would try alternating Saturday tutorials with a Sunday post about interesting beady things on the web. Well, we'll try it and see how it goes, comments/suggestions are always welcome!

I have been very busy lately and haven't had much time to see what's up in the beady Internet world, so I think this is going to be fun! At this time of year, I see lots of posts about various contests and competitions but either miss out on the deadlines or just don't have the time to complete a big piece, so I thought I'd have a little look around for some information on contests to share with you all,

First of all I found this great post by Mandi at Bead Circle Network on the reasons to enter a beading contest, http://beadcircle.com/2011/01/7-reasons-to-enter-a-beading-contest/

Next I found the Fashion Colourworks Beading Contest 2011 run by Zoya Gutina at My Lovely Beads. This contest is based on Pantone colour palettes, there are 3 to choose from and there are 3 categories so you could enter up to 9 pieces if you wanted! The deadline for this contest is June 15th. It looks like a good one, you can read the full set of rules here;
http://www.mylovelybeads.com/contest/2011/rules.php

Last but not least, OTTBS reader Dee recently entered the Urban Beautiful Contest with her stunning necklace London City Reflections and my twitter friend Hollybirdbeads fabulous Flora Metallica is also an entry. There are 16 pages of beautiful creations, so I would definitely encourage you to go have a look! http://www.urbanbeautiful.com/en/design-gallery/popular/?page=8

Happy beading!

Sarahx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've never entered a beading competion. Great links Sarah. Whilst the Fashion Colourworks Contest sounds interesting but I'm not even sure I'll be ready for the May moodboard here by the end of the month.
So many gorgeous creations on Urban Beatiful Contest. Really enjoyed looking through
Gemxxx