Wednesday 30 May 2012

June Special Feature - Leftovers

We all have them, little bits and pieces leftover from big projects that we just don't know what to do with. Six topaz 4mm bicone crystals here, a handful of glass pearls there, an orphan lampwork bead tucked into the corner of the bead drawer, just gathering dust and reproaching us every time we pass over them in favour of something newer and shinier. Let's make June the month where we pull the half finished tubes of seed beads, the lone feature bead and the handful of mismatched crystals out and make them centre stage! The OTTBS blog team will have plenty of inspiration to share, with a brand new free tutorial from each of us, Etsy Pattern Finds, Pattern Reviews of projects perfect for leftovers and to top that all off, Clair will be launching a new feature to help you make sure of all those books crammed onto your shelves! Leftovers month will kick off on the 1st June with Liz and the Monthly Challenge. So, rummage through those bead boxes and dust off your beady leftovers, I can't wait to see what beautiful projects you all make with them! Sarahx

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oooooooh! Iiiiiiiinteresting

Becs Dean-Skinner said...

Yay! I like the sounds of this... I have lots of stray bicones, and odds and ends that could do with you using up!!

Peapod Beads said...

Have you been spying on my stash lol?

Clair said...

I am so excited! This was such a good idea Ms. Sarah x

Melody said...

What perfect timing. Just yesterday I sorted out my beads and find I have a box of bits and bobbles. Bring on the challenges!

Shirley said...

Oh yes, I think I can qualify for that! :)